This Agreement is a contract between you and The Meatery LLP. By using www.themeatery.shop, you are bound by this Agreement.
1. In these Terms and Conditions the following expressions shall have the following meanings:
a. “Customer” shall mean you and all other persons who purchase the products under your Login.
b. “Intellectual Property” shall mean all intellectual property rights of whatsoever nature, including (without limitation) patents, designs, present and future trademark or copyright, whether or not registered or registrable by any means, and the right to file an application for registration thereof.
c. “Login” shall mean a Customer’s online access to The Meatery online under that Customer’s registration.
d. “Product/Products” shall mean any and all the products for sale by www.themeatery.shop.
e. “The Meatery” shall mean The Meatery LLP who is the seller of the products by www.themeatery.shop.
f. www.themeatery.shop shall mean this Internet site or catalogues owned by The Meatery and the medium by which Products are offered for sale by The Meatery to the Customer.
2. All the Products sold by The Meatery through this site are sold subject to these Terms and Conditions. By submitting your order for processing by The Meatery online, you confirm and affirm that you have read, understood and agree to the Terms and Conditions in the form in which they appear at the time your order is submitted for processing.
3. These terms and conditions shall prevail over any other document purporting to have a contractual effect including any store policy at The Meatery retail stores.
4. The Customer shall agree to complete the registration process according to requirements by The Meatery as stated on this site. The Customer shall provide The Meatery with complete and updated information which shall include (but shall not be limited to) the Customer’s legal name, address, telephone and fax numbers (optional) and e-mail address.
5. Registration to open only to residents in Singapore aged 18 and above. The Meatery has the absolute discretion to refuse the registration of a potential customer for any reason whatsoever and to terminate the registration of any of its Customers for any reason whatsoever.
6. The Customer will be liable for every order made under his Login and agrees to indemnify The Meatery for all claims, damages whatsoever made by any third party arising from the actions of a person placing orders for the Products using the Customer’s Login. The Customer shall be responsible for updating his registration information.
7. The Customer may place his order via our website at www.themeatery.shop. The Customer will receive a confirmation of receipt of order via e-mail. For clarification, such confirmation of receipt of orders does not guarantee stock availability.
8. Free delivery to one location with purchase of $120 and above in one receipt. Additional delivery charge may apply for any other special arrangement such as special timing, location, etc. The Meatery shall make every effort to fulfil orders placed by Customers through the www.themeatery.shop, but The Meatery shall not be liable to any person if The Meatery shall decline to fulfil an order for whatever reason, or if The Meatery is unable to supply an order because of an unforeseen change to the Products (as the case may be), or because the Products may be unavailable.
9. Access to www.themeatery.shop is gained through use of a personal login ID. The Customer shall ensure that his login ID is kept strictly confidential to prevent unauthorized use. The Meatery shall use its best endeavors to prevent any unauthorized entry to www.themeatery.shop. However, The Meatery shall not be liable for any damages or losses whatsoever if any third party gains unauthorized access to the www.themeatery.shop.
1. A customer registration form must be completed before an order may be placed with www.themeatery.shop. The Customer warrants that all information and data provided at the point of registration is accurate, complete and up to date. The Customer shall promptly inform The Meatery if there is a change to this information or data.
2. The Customer is responsible for any costs associated with accessing www.themeatery.shop and placing an order for goods with www.themeatery.shop, including any Internet provider fees.
3. In order to purchase goods from www.themeatery.shop, the customer shall nominate a Delivery Address within the mainland of Singapore (except Sentosa). The Meatery online shall not be obliged to deliver goods to an area outside the mainland of Singapore (except Sentosa).
1. The Meatery shall make every effort to ensure that the prices, details and sizes of Products detailed by The Meatery online are correct but The Meatery reserves the right to vary the price and other details of the Products without notice.
2. The prices advertised by the The Meatery online are applicable at the time you view it. Prices for some Products may not necessarily correspond to the prices at The Meatery retail stores. The price of certain Products, in particular fresh produce, is subject to daily fluctuation and is offered for guidance only.
3. Not all Products sizes will correspond exactly to the description offered on-line. The Meatery online reserves the right to provide the nearest size of Product at the nearest price.
4. Goods in your order are charged at the purchase price applicable at the time you submit your order and as shown on the order confirmation, except:
o If a good is out of stock, in which case the customer shall not be charged for that good;
o If the Customer has given instruction to accept a substitute good, in which case the substitute good will be charged at the price at the time the substitute good is scanned for the Customer’s order; and
o If the Customer has purchased a good that is priced per kilo, in which case the actual purchase price for the good is calculated by The Meatery online after the good has been weighed.
5. Upon delivery of the goods, The Meatery online shall provide the customer with an invoice specifying the total price for the goods.
6. In the event of different special offers or promotions being made available to the Customer simultaneously for the same Product, the Customer may elect one such offer or promotion per Product but shall not be entitled to a combination of all such offers or promotions per Product.
7. If the Customer requests a variation to the order which The Meatery accepts then the price payable for the order will be adjusted accordingly to reflect the variation and shall be recorded on the final bill presented to the Customer at the time of delivery.
8. The Meatery may from time to time set credit limits for individual Customers and The Meatery reserves the right to limit sales including the right to prohibit sales to re-sellers.
1. The payment for Products ordered through www.themeatery.shop can be made with almost all major credit cards.
2. If the Customer’s credit card is declined by its financial institution, www.themeatery.shop reserves the right to refuse delivery of Products to its Customers.
3. The Meatery may change at any time the method by which payments for www.themeatery.shop. Online orders may be effected and such changes may be notified to the Customer by e-mail, mail shots or by placing a notice to this effect on www.themeatery.shop.
PACKAGING AND LABELLING OF GOODS
1. The Meatery aims to include on its website up-to-date pictures of the products sold. At times, the pictures of the Products on the website may differ from the Products actually delivered.
2. The Meatery does not warrant the accuracy of product information contained on the website and strongly recommends the Customer to read the label on the Products carefully before consuming or using them.
1. The Meatery online shall use reasonable endeavors to deliver Products of acceptable quality to the delivery address (specified by the Customer on the registration form) within the time frame selected by the Customer but The Meatery shall not be liable for any delays in its delivery services, if the delay has been due to causes beyond the control of The Meatery.
2. The Meatery online will only effect delivery to mainland Singapore except Sentosa.
3. Deliveries to Sentosa are available only on Tuesday and Friday (except public holidays).
4. No delivery services shall be available on Mondays and Delivery slots are subjected to availability.
5. Bulk orders (as determined by The Meatery in its sole discretion) shall be delivered 5 days after such orders. The Meatery shall not be liable to any person if The Meatery shall decline to fulfil a BULK order for whatever reason.
6. The Customer is to notify The Meatery immediately of a change to his delivery address and contact number.
7. For food hygiene purposes, no deliveries shall be left outside the door. All deliveries shall be received and by the Customer.
8. The Meatery shall deliver the Products to you at nominated Delivery Address. The Meatery will not commit to delivery beyond the Front Door of the Customer’s home or office building. Front Door refers to the front door or a point beyond which entry into the interior of the building occurs. If The Meatery is requested to deliver beyond the Front Door, The Meatery (including its officers, employees, contractors and agents) shall be indemnified and held harmless from any Loss suffered or incurred in connection with the delivery of the Goods beyond the Front Door. ‘Loss’ means any loss including any liability, cost, expense, claim, proceeding, action, demand or damage.
9. The Customer shall ensure that a person of a reasonable age who is authorised to receive and pay for the order is present at the specified time of delivery at the Customer’s address to receive and pay for the order. If no such person is present, The Meatery shall attempt to make the delivery at another time but reserves the right to charge the Customer an extra re-delivery fee.
10. The Meatery reserves the right to withhold delivery of the Products to the Customer if it has any doubts whatsoever as to the Customer’s credit worthiness or if the Customer does not effect payment upon delivery.
STORAGE AND CONSUMPTION
1. All chilled products must be stored between 0degrees celcius and 4 degrees celcius.
2. Chilled products should be consumed within 4days from delivery date.
VARIATION / CANCELLATION OF ORDER
1. The Customer may vary or cancel the order up to the point in time that The Meatery has commenced processing the order and the Customer will not incur any cost in doing so.
2. Subject to the Customer’s consent, The Meatery may substitute a Product for another similar Product if the initial Product ordered by the Customer is unavailable.
3. If there is no prior consent from the customer for a substitution, no substitution shall be made.
1. All risk in the Products shall pass to the Customer upon delivery to the Customer’s delivery address but The Meatery shall retain title in the Products until such time as payment for the Products has been effected.
RETURNS OF PRODUCTS / REFUNDS
1. Product pictures provided on this site are provided to help recognise products. Due to packaging redesign and improvements these may not reflect exactly on the pack you receive.
2. We take all reasonable care to ensure that all descriptions, details and prices of products appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the information was inputted onto the system, the information appearing on this Website at any time may not reflect the exact position at the moment you place an order.
3. The Meatery shall use its best efforts to ensure that orders are correctly fulfilled. Should there be any discrepancy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by the next working day.
1. To the extent permitted by law, all warranties, descriptions, representations or advice given as to the fitness or suitability for any purpose, tolerance to any conditions, similarity to sample, merchantability or otherwise of the Products supplied, are expressly excluded.
2. No agent or representative of The Meatery is authorized to make any warranties, representations or statements regarding the Products and The Meatery shall not in any way be bound by any such unauthorized warranties, representations or statements.
1. The liability of The Meatery whether in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss, damage or injury arising directly or indirectly from any defect in or non-compliance of the Products or any other breach of The Meatery obligations hereunder shall not in any event exceed an amount equivalent to the price of the Products.
2. The Meatery shall not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special damage or loss of any kind whatsoever nor shall The Meatery be liable for any damage or loss caused by the Customer’s servants, agents, buyers or other persons whatsoever.
3. The Customer shall ensure that the Products are not used for any purpose for which they are not suitable and shall be responsible for using all necessary skill and care in handling and using the Products. The Customer expressly acknowledges and agrees that The Meatery assumes no obligation or liability for any advice or information given with the Products and The Meatery shall not be responsible for any inaccuracy or misstatement of any such information. The Products shall be accepted by the Customer entirely at the Customer’s risk.
1. The Meatery and other parties own the trade marks, logos and service marks displayed on this site/catalogue and/or in connection with the Products and Customers. On-line visitors are prohibited from using the same without the written permission of The Meatery or such other parties.
2. Visitors shall not do anything to prejudice the rights of The Meatery.
1. If the performance by The Meatery of its obligations under www.themeatery.shop is prevented by reason of “force majeure” (which shall include prevention occasioned by fire, casualty, accident, act of God, natural disaster, any law, order, proclamation, regulation, demand or requirement of the government of Singapore or of any of its government agencies, strikes, labour disputes, shortage of labour or lack of skilled labour, shortage or unavailability of products or raw materials, delay in transit or other causes whatsoever (whether similar to the foregoing or not) beyond the reasonable control of The Meatery), The Meatery shall be excused from such performance to the extent of such prevention.
VARIATION OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Meatery reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions in its sole discretion. The Meatery may, but does not undertake to, notify the Customer of such changes. It is the Customer’s responsibility to review the Terms and Conditions prior to submitting any order and The Meatery shall have no responsibility to notify the Customer of any changes to the Terms and Conditions prior to the coming into effect of such changes or otherwise.
1. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and the Customer and The Meatery agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
1. The Customer authorises The Meatery to collect, retain and use personal information about the Customer for the following purposes:-
a. Undertaking any dealings or transactions with the Customer and providing continuous services to the Customer;
b. Enforcing of any legal or other rights The Meatery may have against the Customer in any manner that The Meatery sees fit;
c. Assessing the Customer’s credit-worthiness;
d. Making such disclosures as may in The Meatery’s opinion be required for any of the above purposes;
e. Sending the Customer any advertising and/or promotional material;
f. Designing services for Customers;
g. Conducting research, such as research which determine which areas are not meeting the needs of the customers of The Meatery;
h. Customising pages for Customers and putting together Customer shopping lists;
i. Notifying Customers of special offers or new Products;
j. Notifying Customer of up-dates to this site/catalogue;
k. Performing statistical and analysis of Customers’ behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of this site and providing this information to advertisers together with information as to the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their banners
2. The Customer further authorises The Meatery to collect personal information about the Customer from the Customer or any other source available to The Meatery including but not limited to credit referral agencies, the Customer’s bank (present and past) and other suppliers or products and services to the Customer and other persons or companies with whom the Customer will have been associated.
3. The Customer is aware that in the event that sufficient personal information is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to The Meatery then his/her application for registration to The Meatery online may not be accepted.
4. The Customer is aware that any personal information supplied by the Customer will be retained by The Meatery and will be accessible to employees of The Meatery and other persons or corporate bodies engaged by The Meatery for or in relation to any of the purposes listed above, or to third parties and the Customer authorises The Meatery to disclose all or any part of any personal information provided by the Customer to such third parties.
5. The Customer acknowledges that The Meatery shall retain all personal information supplied by the Customer and unless otherwise notified to The Meatery may continue to contact the Customer with marketing information even after the Customer’s registration is cancelled.
1. The Meatery does not sell, rent or lease its Customer lists to third party.
2. Personal data held by The Meatery relating to its Customers or to visitors to this site will be kept confidential unless The Meatery has Customer’s consent otherwise but The Meatery may provide this information to third parties including but not limited to The Meatery advertisers, associated companies or trusted contractors/agents or other network operators who perform certain tasks for The Meatery in connection with the provision of The Meatery’s services to its Customers and to visitors to this site. All such third parties are prohibited from using Customer’s personal data except to provide the requisite services to The Meatery and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of such data.
3. Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to this site, or any part of this site by online Customers and visitors will be deemed voluntarily provided to The Meatery on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. The Meatery reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development, manufactured and marketing of products and services and to meet Customer needs.
4. The Meatery will disclose Customer’s personal data, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:-
a. Comply with legal process served on The Meatery or the site;
b. Protect and defend the rights or property of The Meatery; and
c. Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Meatery, the The Meatery internet site or the public.
USERNAME & PASSWORD
1. The Customer shall take responsibility for the safe-keeping of his login email ID and his password.
2. The Customer is liable if his login email ID and password are used by an unauthorised person. The Customer shall release and indemnify The Meatery from any liability arising from the unauthorised use of his login email ID or password.
SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
1. All reasonable efforts are made by The Meatery to ensure that any personal data held by The Meatery and The Meatery online is stored in a secure and safe place and no unauthorised access will be made by The Meatery to Customer’s computer or browser.
1. The The Meatery online internet site may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, such as for example by clicking on the banner of an business partner, the Customer leaves www.themeatery.shop and The Meatery does not exercise control over any personal data or any other information the Customer gives to any other entity after leaving the site and access to such site or page is at the Customer’s own risk for which The Meatery disclaims all responsibility and liability.
1. All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that the information provided on this site is correct and up-to-date. However, The Meatery disclaims all implied and/or express warranties and makes no representation as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on the site. The Meatery takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for the content of the site or for anything posted on or linked to it, including without limitation any mistake, error, omission, infringement, defamation, falsehood, or other material or omission that might offend or otherwise give rise to any claim or complaint.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
1. By accessing and using this The Meatery online internet site, the Customer acknowledges and accepts that the use of the site is at the Customer’s own risk. The Meatery shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damage or for damages for lost profits or for loss of revenue arising out of any use of, access to, or inability to use the site. Without limiting the foregoing: THIS SITE AND ALL INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN IT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR IMPLIED TERMS AS TO TITLE, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE , PRIVACY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE MEATERY HAS NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENTS OF THE SITE. THE MEATERY ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW) FOR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SITE/CATALOGUE, OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, INTERCEPTION OF ONLINE COMMUNICATION, SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE PROBLEMS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF DATA OR COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS), THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR ALTERATION OF THE SITE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOUR, NEGLIGENCE OR, UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ANY ACCESS OR USE OF THE SITE/CATALOGUE, OR ANY UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING OR PUBLICATION OF DATA, TEXT, IMAGES OR OTHER MATERIAL OR INFORMATION TO OR FROM THE SITE.
COOKIES / PDPA
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT (2012)
From 2 July 2014, the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) will introduce certain changes to the way in which we may contact you for promotional and marketing messages. These changes will generally not affect informational and service-related messages sent by us (such as confirmation of online purchases and newsletters).
We aim to conduct our business in compliance with the requirements of the PDPA and respect your choices. Your information is collected for us to understand your needs better so that we can improve our services and also the way we communicate with you.
HOW IS PERSONAL DATA CONNECTION
The Meatery may collect your personal information when you:
• Purchase our products online
• Sign up for our membership programme
• Subscribe to our e-newsletters
• Contact us with a product or service enquiry
• Participate in our contests, surveys, lucky draws and/or other promotional activities
• Visit our website
TYPE OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
The information The Meatery collects depends on the type of products and services you purchase and use.
Below are some examples:
• Personal Particulars – This may include name, NRIC, FIN or passport number, address, telephone number, e-mail address, nationality, gender, occupation and date of birth.
• Your account information – For example, the membership programme you are enrolled in with us or other details related to your account.
• Information on your purchase and use of our services – For example, your purchase history
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The Meatery may use your information for the following:
• Process your online orders
• Respond to enquiries and requests from you or people you have authorised
• Inform you about product and services updates
• Conduct market research and customer satisfaction surveys
• Membership matters where applicable, such as change in benefits and latest promotions
• Provide updates, offers, invitations to events and deliver advertising messages via SMS / MMS, voice, email or your mailing address with your prior consent or if otherwise permitted under local laws and regulations
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
The Meatery may share your information with:
• Business partners and vendors we work with to deliver product and services you purchase and use
• Industry regulators and other government organisations, as required by local laws and regulations
• Financial institutions for purposes such as facilitating credit card payments
• Research institutions for market analysis purposes
OF PERSONAL DATA
The Meatery has implemented stringent measures to secure and protect your information. These include:
• Safeguards to prevent security breaches in our network and database systems
• Limits on access to information in our systems and the systems of our business partners and vendors
• Strict verification processes to prevent unauthorised access to information
RESPECTS YOUR CONTACT PREFERENCES
The Meatery is committed to comply with the Do Not Call (DNC) provisions. We have always been mindful of engaging our customers in a more targeted and relevant way.
We may send marketing messages to your Singapore telephone number if:
1. You have given us consent, OR
2. You have not registered with the national DNC Registry, OR
3. The sending of such messages is permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Our marketing messages aim to update you about our exclusive offers, rewards programme and special deals from our preferred partners and advertisers. Kindly note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be able to continue to provide its products and/or services to you.
HAVE A QUESTION?
Should you have any feedback or enquiries relating to your personal data or how The Meatery may communicate with you, or if you wish to stop receiving promotional/marketing messages, please contact us at the following email address: email@example.com.
For more information about PDPA generally, please visit the Personal Data Protection Commission’s website at http://www.pdpc.gov.sg.